Heart and Circulation
This is a much generalized term. There are many heart related problems that can occur in both cats and dogs. Commonly encountered heart and circulation problems are as follows.
- Heart murmur
- High cholesterol levels
- High blood pressure or hypertension
- Thickening of the heart muscle and blood vessels
- Complete heart failure
- Irregular rhythm of pulse
Though there are no specific symptoms of heart related problems but there are few indications that are to be given a serious though both by the owner of the pet and the veterinary doctor.
- Forceful breathing
- Excessive coughing during the night or during physical strain.
- Water retention in the legs and abdomen
- Weight loss
- Coldness of extremities
- Decreased appetite
Heart diseases have been on a rise both in humans as well as the household pets. This is happening because of the faulty life style and wrong eating habits. Below are some herbs from ayurveda that has been used since centuries to treat people and pets from heart problems.
Arjuna – Arjuna is botanically known as Terminalia Arjuna. This herb is considered as the herb of choice in any kind of heart related problems. Arjuna is a tree that is very commonly seen growing wild in Indian subcontinents especially in the northern part of India. This herb is rich in various minerals and vitamins that are extremely effective in strengthening the heart muscles and is also helpful in bettering the circulation of the blood to the heart and various other body organs. Arjuna is also helpful in decreasing the increased cholesterol levels in the blood. Arthrosclerosis can also be rectified by the usage of Arjuna.
Karpor – Karpor or Cinnamomum camphora is an herb that is very common herb world wide. It is generally known as camphor in English language. This herb is extremely helping in stimulating heart muscles to perform the optimized level of working.
Garlic: Perhaps the most helpful remedial herb to treat a state known as "hardening of the arteries" or Atherosclerosis. This situation develops when cholesterol and fat gets placed in the inner walls of the arteries. Studies have shown that regular use of garlic decreases serum cholesterol levels by up to ten %. These studies have shown that dosage can be as little as clove of garlic per day for that outcome.
- Decrease the amount of stress.
- Reasonable to regular exercise will help to keep in keeping the pet well and strong.
- Weight of the pet should also be checked, if the pet is over weight then some diet modulation and increase in physical activities is to be scheduled.
- Make sure that pet is eating a balanced and high quality food including a lot of raw food.
- Avoid excessive salt and sugar in the pet’s food.
Still, Looking for More?Read E-Books and get Help!